Berger Paints Ltd is an Indian multinational paint company, based in Kolkata, India. This company has 16 manufacturing units in India, 2 in Nepal, 1 each in Poland and Russia. It has manufacturing units at Howrah and Rishra, Arinso, Taloja, Naltoli, Goa, Devla, Hindupur, Jejuri, Jammu, Puducherry and Udyognagar.
- Role: Quality Manager / Supervisor
- Education: B.Tech/B.E. in Chemical / M.Tech in Chemical, Paint/Oil
- Experience: 10 to 20 year(s)
- Location: Sandila
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages daily activities of Quality Control Section and achieves uniform quality of all products manufactured in the site.
- Implementation of QMS and its maintenance throughout the year.
- Standardizes the manufacturing process and evaluates the performance of all new products.
- Provides disposition route of all Non-conforming products and monitor the performances.
- Analyze the root causes of all NCR batches and take necessary corrective and preventive action.
- Follow up the outcomes of all the corrective actions and preventive actions taken for nonconforming batches and take necessary measures if required.
- Maintains productive internal customer relationships through continuous engagement with key persons of R&D and production centers and provides speedy resolution of issues;
- Maintains all quality-data of all products for monitoring performance of each product and process.
- Rejects or accepts batches on the basis of results of quality parameters against the specification.
- Maintains the calibrations of all instruments of laboratory.
- Provides test certificates to the customers.
- Visits customer sites for understanding customers needs and requirement and take necessary action for enhancement of customer satisfaction.
- Organizes technical training session on shop-floor for the all persons working in production and Quality Control for enhancement of technical skills on regular interval.
- Leads and mentors a team of QC officers and associates in pursuit of the above objectives;